Sunday, March 13, 2011

Respect the Nature, Respect Life

Earthquake and Tsunami again.  This time is Japan.  It is a relief to know our friends in Japan are safe.  But the images and videos of the impacted areas are devastating.  It reminds me of the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami (when I first learned about Tsunami) and 2008 China earthquake (my grandpa passed away the same day of the earthquake).  Human lives are taken away by the mighty nature.  Sometimes I can't help but thinking it is the Mother Nature come claim the debt we human being owe her.  We have done too much damage and one day, the "bad Karma" may come back to us.  Growing up I have heard so much about "conquering the nature" but I don't believe in that any more.  We are just a tiny sand in the great big universe.  But no matter how small we are, we can still live with dignity and respect. What is respect?  "Treat people the way you want to be treated."  This is what my son learns in his Karate class.  Very simple yet we often forget.  Other human beings are not to be conquered, other life forms are not to be conquered, Mother Nature is not to be conquered, the Universe is not to be conquered.  I am grateful having a tiny place in this universe, sharing my life with so many other lives.  Isn't this amazing?  It is my choice how to live my life no matter how small or how short it is.  So is yours.

Remembering the beautiful scenery and tranquility I saw when traveling in Japan many years back, I dug out some photos taken during my 2001 trip.  I hope the tranquility and peace remain in these places.

Sunrise in Hakone

No comments:

Post a Comment