Saturday, February 19, 2011

Love is in the Air

From Valentine's Day to Chinese Valentine's Day (元宵), mixed with some bad news, this past week has been like the weather here: storm and sunshine interwining.  We even saw double rainbows while it was hailing and pouring.  Nature is amazing, so is life.



On Valentine's Day, after we dropped off our little girl, a boy in her class walked up to us with his mum.  He handed us a cute little purple unicorn and his mum explained that he wanted to give it to our Little Miss Giggles.  Looking at his innocent face, my heart just melted.  How sweet is puppy love!

It's always sweet to see young lovers together.  But I also love seeing the subtle interactions between older couples, especially those who's been together for a long time.  On my grandparents' 60th anniversary, we asked grandma how she met grandpa.  She told us the war time story and added, "he sang pretty well at that time."  I will never forget the glow on my grandma's face when she was saying that, like time had taken her back to the date they met and she was once again a young girl just fallen in love.  Grandpa just sat there, smiling without a word. 

It was not a diamond that kept the relationship long lasting, it was a song that kept the romance alive for over 60 years.

That is the relationship I long for.

I love seeing the special bonding between different persons through a camera.  I love it more when the camera captures that subtlety.

Let love fill the air.

Sharing a couple pictures from recent sessions.



No comments:

Post a Comment